Dry docks Flemish National Heritage Site, built in 1888.


Le shipyard Beauval was the first that was granted the concession of the dry docks. Equipped with a water pump station, the dry docks were mainly used for repairing of ships. Beauval was founded in 1857 at near the Muidespoorwegbrug in Ghent and participated amongst other things in the construction of the Meulestedebrug.